Monday, June 7, 2010

My garden in May and Maine Fiber Frolic 2010

Looking toward the orchard. We have pear, peach and plum trees. I love gardening (read "weeding". Well, I do get to plant things too). It is my little paradise.
The bearded iris are just starting to bloom. With polygonum bistorta, lamb's ears and ranunculus.
Looking towards the garden.

Siberian iris.
I love lemon daylilies.
And poppies.

The edge of the porch. We grow rosemary.
We had great fun at Maine Fiber Frolic last weekend! In addition to sheep, goats, rabbits, fleece, yarn, spinning wheels and a million other wonderful things, they had a "Make It with Fiber In Maine" competition.
Here are some of the wonderful entries.
This is a felted painting.




It was a great fiber festival!
See you all at TKGA's Knit and Crochet Show, Manchester, New Hampshire July 9 and 10.
- Kathy

10 comments:

t does wool said...

great garden...and the festival items are fab~

Village Books said...

Who mowed the grass!

These are pictures of one of the BEST places in the world. Especially good for recovering from festivals!

:)

clairz said...

Beautiful garden. I love looking at it from here because it's work-free for me! Those entries from the festival are amazing--especially that felted painting!

Knitting Out Loud said...

Thank you all for your comments! There's lots of weeding to do still, but I love doing it.
Unlike my husband, who is not a happy mower.
Yes, the felted painting was amazing, very painterly.

The peonies will be in bloom soon!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

You have a stunning garden!!!! Jealous of all your fiber frolicing - LOL That gnome is too cute!

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

What a lovely outdoor space you have!

Unknown said...

Oh my, the garden is breath-taking, it must be such a lovely place to be.

Tracy said...

Hello! I found your link via JoLyn of A Year of Happy... LOVE your blog! And I love knitting and listening.Your garden is BEAUTIFUL...*sigh*... I look forward to coming by to visit here again. I'm celebrating 4 years blogging--do stop by for the fun. :o)

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing those lovely images of your garden flowers and the handcrafted items at the Maine Fiber Frolic! Toni, Washington, ME

Knitting Out Loud said...

Thank you all, again! Toni, I'm going to come out to Washington and knit with you guys some Thursday morning. Tracy, you have a fun blog.
Poshyarns and Knitty, Vintage and Rosy, I very much enjoy your wonderful blogs.