Sunday, December 6, 2009

Page Farm and Home Museum Holiday Fair

We were a vendor yesterday at this delightful Holiday Fair at the University of Maine's Page Farm and Home Museum. Vendors were set up in the Museum, a huge 19th century barn filled with charming household and farming implements from the 18th and 19th centuries. The vendor next to me was selling these socks, which I snatched up. Yes, I should be making them myself, but...
I also couldn't resist these wonderful mittens made from Icelandic homespun, the sale of which benefited women in Appalachia. The lady who made them told me that making mittens to sell at this fair had freed her to just make what she wanted. Who could resist mittens knitted for the pure pleasure of it?
This is a display from the Museum.
The other side of the room above.
Gorgeous spinning wheel.
Kitchen displays.
There were also vendors selling locally made cheese.
I couldn't resist this delicious cheese from Olde Oak Farm. All their cheeses are wonderful but the Camembert is amazing.
My family are big fans of Daily Bread. The bread is scrumptious and it is a family owned and run (the parents, and I believe five children under the age of 18) business. I also bought a big jar of maple syrup. My husband loves to make pancakes or waffles on the weekend, and we smother them with maple syrup. Delicious and good for you! Of course, local is best.
We have been having a very warm and mild fall. Until last night.
Above is our side yard, below the view from my study window.
Lastly, thank you for your great response to our 2 for 1 sale! It continues through December.
Happy holidays from all of us at Knitting Out Loud!
- Kathy


No comments: