Friday, May 7, 2010

New Delight: Knitting Graffiti

From Katherine Jane:

Both Kathy and I were completely charmed by this post, first forwarded to me by my dear step-sister Molly. (We may be a little biased; Knitta is profiled by Sabrina Gschwandtner in KnitKnit.)

Kathy loved the video, which I think I'm free to shamelessly repost:



Me, my favorite thing was the single rainbow-covered link on a chain. If I ever came across that quiet, cheerful little covered link in my day-to-day life, I think I might just die of happiness.

This idea of knitted graffiti seems to be spreading, too; I just found this link from Fritinancy on the etymology of the term Yarn Bombing. Check out that crazy bus!

-Katherine Jane



-----


Katherine Jane Arathoon lives in New York City and occasionally guest blogs for Knitting Out Loud. She also blogs at Between Ewe And Me.

No comments: